Wednesday, November 29, 2023

Turn It Around

 Hello Readers. Feeling comfortable in our clothes is something we can neglect sometimes. When we get busy or distracted we can forget to make sure we feel good. You probably have favorite fabrics, styles and cuts of clothes that you know you like. There are probably types of clothes that you know you probably aren't going to like as well. I know myself enough to know that any kind of turtleneck or even a mock turtleneck might not feel good to me.

**Danger**- Turtleneck Shirt ahead!!

I feel like this shirt wants to choke me out at any moment. It was handed it down it to me and it has a beautiful floral design. But that neck!! What could I do??

The back of the shirt had buttons and a keyhole style neckline. That gave me an idea.

So, I took it off, unbuttoned the neck and just turned it around. (Yes, that is where I got the title.) 

When I wore it backwards, it still looked great. I could breath freely and not tug at the neckline all day because it wasn't comfortable.

These jeans fit so well but were too long. I am 51, my feet are old, I can't wear high heels everyday, I need real-world comfortable clothes. These need to be shorter so I can wear flat shoes.

I marked the length so I would know where to cut these jeans.

I cut the jeans and left enough extra to turn the edge under and sew a new hem.

I sewed the jeans at the new length and I was done. 

Whew! I can breath in this shirt and my jeans are a better length. I am ready to go live my life. Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun and comfortable for yourself. 

***Year End Update- This combo works for any day that I can't wear pajamas. I don't have to think about it. I can just put it on.











No comments: