Thursday, November 23, 2023

Make More From a Shirt 3

 Hello Readers. I cut this shirt into pieces and I am using every bit of it that I can. I already made a dickie from the collar, a skirt from the body of the shirt and now let's do something with those sleeves.

These bags are fast and easy to make and can be used again and again. 

 
This shirt was "fine" but I never wore it. I have been cutting it up and making new things from it. 

Most of the shirt was used to make this dickie and skirt. But I still had the sleeves. 

The sleeves still had the shoulder seam attached. I cut the sleeves so I had a straight cut edge. 

I cut the ends so they were even. 
 
I turned the sleeve piece inside out so the right sides were facing each other.
 
I stitched the cut edge closed. 
 
I didn't want those cut edges to fray even inside the bag. The serger or a zigzag stitch on the cut edge will keep it from fraying.
 
I wanted a squarish shape at the bottom of my bags so I stitched across the corners where you see the marks. 
 
I cut off the extra fabric at the corners. 
 
Here is a look at the bottom of the bag. 
 
I put a bottle of wine in the bag. 
 
I tied some ribbon around the top. 
 
I folded the cuff of the sleeve down so the top of the wine bottle was visible. 

But you can tie a bow at the top so everything stays hidden inside. 

This is perfect for bottles of wine, liquor, fancy olive oil of even bottles of bubble bath. Anything tall and thin would fit in there well. 

Thanks for reading along, and wishing you a wonderful holiday season. 

***Year End Update- I used these at Christmas to give as gifts.


 

 

 

 

 

 






No comments: