Wednesday, November 22, 2023

Make More From a Shirt 2

 Hello Readers. I am not a huge fan of button-down shirts. They are usually stiff and feel confining. And I need to be free! So, I cut one into pieces and made better use of it. Let me show you.

Before and after.

This shirt was fine but I never wore it. I decided to make some other things from it.

I made a dickie yesterday.

After I cut the dickie out of the shirt I had plenty of shirt left over. I cut off the bottom of the shirt. I wanted to get rid of the shoulders and sleeves.

I also wanted to add some elastic to the top of this piece to get a waistband. This is going to be sort of a skirt.

I made sure the elastic was the size for my waist and I stitched it to the top of the skirt piece.

This is the finished "skirt".

If I were to wear just the skirt with the dickie it looks crazy but that wasn't what I wanted to do.

I wanted to wear these 2 pieces under other clothes.

I like the shirt cut up and worn under casual or dressy clothes.

This would be so comfortable and fun for a holiday party. Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.

***Year End Update- This skirt piece is great over leggings. I like it that way.


No comments: