Thursday, November 2, 2023

Save That Sweater #3

 Hello Readers. Sometimes clothes start to look dull and washed out after being washed over and over and over. That happens to all of us and it definitely happened to this sweater. I wanted to give it a new wash of color. I couldn't find the mauve/pinkish brown that I really wanted. I knew you could mix dyes to get a new color but I had never tried it.

Before and after.

This butterfly sweater was getting old and really washed out. I love the sequins and the color of those sparkly butterflies inspired the color I choose for the dye.

I used this boxed dye from Rit. I thought if I mixed the brown and the pink together it would give me a nice color to freshen up the sweater.

I mixed the dyes into the water in my washer and then added the sweater. I let the washer do all the work after that.
 
When the washer was done I opened it and I was thrilled with the color.
 
I thought the color was a great with the color of the butterflies. My sweater looked so much better and it was so easy. Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.

***Year End Update- This sweater was exactly what I hoped it would be. I love it so much. I wear it as much as I can.





No comments: