Tuesday, November 28, 2023

Repairing Thrift Finds

 Hello Readers. I am a big thrifter. It's cheaper, it's better for the environment, it's more socially responsible. And it is so interesting what you can find at a thrift store. Sometimes things are slightly damaged and they need a little work to make them wearable again. If you can sew a little, there are so many wonderful thing waiting at the thrift store. 

This green jumpsuit was fabulous, I love green. But it had some issues. (Maybe that is why it was left at the thrift store?) They were such small issues, I knew I could fix this situation.

The legs of this jumpsuit were clearly too long on me. I am short but not even high heels could fix this. It needed a cut and a new hem. 

I cut off about 3 inches. Then I turned the cut edge under twice and sewed a new hem around each pant leg. This only took about 15 minutes.

The front of the jumpsuit had a little snap. It had come loose and needed to be replaced or removed.
 
 The V-neck was really low cut so I knew I was going to wear a shirt under this jumpsuit. I could remove it completely. This only took 3 seconds.
 
The back of the jumpsuit had a horizontal strap that had also come loose on one side. I decided to reattach it. I t would keep the shoulder straps from slipping and sliding down my shoulder. 
 
I tucked the strap back in and stitched it down. This only took a minute. 
 
 
The strap looks like it should. 
 
This jumpsuit has been fixed-up and was so comfortable to wear. I really the color and the wide legs. Thanks for reading along, now go make or fix something fun for yourself.
 
 ***Year End Update- A jumpsuit and it is green. Love it all.

 

 

 










No comments: