Tuesday, November 7, 2023

Jacket to Skirt

 Hello Readers. I had this nice brown linen jacket. But I didn't really want a jacket. What could I make from it?I really wanted a brown skirt.

Before and after.

This jacket was a nice weight for a skirt and I liked the buttons too.

I used a skirt I liked as a guide and I cut the length I needed. I made the new skirt an A shape because that is a nice skirt shape.

I cut out mt front and back. I planed to connect them om the sides. 

I connected the sides with my serger. I also used the serger to finish the top edge so it wouldn't fray.

I didn't really make a separate waistband. I just turned the top edge under and stitched it down. The buttons are how I get it on and off. Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.

***Year End Update- I liked the skirt and wore it quite a bit. It is too cold right now but maybe with tights and a heavy sweater??






No comments: