Wednesday, November 1, 2023

Save That Sweater #2

 Hello Readers. Have you ever wanted to change the color of a sweater? I really wanted to change this bright yellow sweater into almost any other color. I know neons are in style but they don't look very good on me. Could I dye this thrift store cashmere find? I could try!

Before and after. 

I found this "Lands End" sweater at a thrift store and realized it was cashmere. I love cashmere. It was in great shape but that yellow was really bright Like REALLY bright.
I could have used this sweater to dress as a highlighter for Halloween. I couldn't handle the bright yellow but I can't leave cashmere behind.

I decided to dye the sweater. It was cashmere but if I used lukewarm water it shouldn't shrink, at least not too much. I picked this "Dark Brown" dye because I figured the darker the dye, the more it would cover the yellow. 
 
I got the sweater wet in the washer as it filled up. 
 
I put the dye in the warm water and pushed the yellow sweater into the dye bath so you could see the color. Then I closed the washer and hoped for the best.
 
After a run through the delicate cycle, I found this. It is a simple beige color. This might not seem exciting but I wanted to erase the bright yellow and it worked. I was very excited. And since I always forget to about basics and neutrals, this was a great thing for my wardrobe. It's going to go with everything. Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself. 
 
 ***Year End Update- This sweater is perfect when I need or want to dress like a mature adult. That isn't my norm but sometimes it is necessary. I love how soft it is and it matches everything.

 

 

 




No comments: