Wednesday, August 7, 2024

Button Down Remake

 Hello Readers. I saw this shirt at a thrift shop and loved this floral fabric. I loved the colors and thought it would be great to refashion.

Before and after.
 
When I found this on the rack it was the middle of winter but I thought it would be perfect for summertime. I saved it until now.
 
This shirt was such a pretty and feminine floral. The shirt style seemed boxy and was not as feminine as the fabric. I got to work.
 
I cut a round neckline to remove the stiff collar.
 
I used my serger to finish the new neckline I had just cut. I didn't want it to fray. Then I turned the edge under and sewed it down. I sewed it wide enough to put elastic through and around the neck. 

I threaded elastic around the neckline to gather the shirt fabric. I stitched the neckline closed when the elastic was threaded through. This will gather the fabric around the neckline.

I made a tiny hole inside the sleeve at the hem. I used this as a casing for elastic as well. 

I tied the elastic in a knot and this made a little puffy sleeve. 

I liked the new shirt. The open neck was much more comfortable for me. Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.




 
 

 

 
 

 
 


No comments: