Tuesday, August 27, 2024

Frame a Puzzle

 Hello Readers. If you have kids then you probably have some Lego blocks somewhere at your house. My youngest is obsessed with anything Lego has ever made. He got a new bedroom recently and you can probably guess the decorating theme. That's right. It's going to be a Lego room. As a bargain loving mom, I want to decorate on a budget. I had an idea. Puzzles! Specifically, puzzles we already owned.

 This was an easy project using very simple supplies I had at home. 

My youngest loves all things Lego. I thought he would love this puzzle in his room.We could put it together and hang it on the wall. I knew there was special glue I could buy and use but did I need special supplies? (Spoiler- No. I didn't.)
 
This puzzle was not easy. Getting all the Lego heads together was a lot harder than gluing, framing, and hanging it was. 
 
I spread a couple sheets of newspaper on the table and put the puzzle together on top of it. This is very important.
 
Once the puzzle was together I needed simple basic white glue. I grabbed a bottle of kids school glue and some kind of paint brush. Any brush will do.

I squirted the glue on one part of the puzzle to start with and ...

I spread the glue all over the puzzle, one section at a time. I tried to make sure I didn't miss any pieces of the puzzle. 

I tried to make sure that some glue got in every crack. This wasn't difficult because the glue looks white at first but it will become totally clear when it dries. 
 
Here is my puzzle all dried. The glue adds a bit of shine but it is clear and doesn't change the look of the picture. 
 
The puzzle was connected by the glue and all one piece now. I was able to lift the puzzle and move it around easily. I flipped it over so I could see it back.  
 
I peeled the newspaper off the back of the puzzle. Some pieces of paper stayed stuck to the back of the puzzle. The small bits of paper won't matter when I put the puzzle in a frame. I just want to remove any excess paper from showing around the edges.
 
I didn't have a frame that was the exact size so I added a small piece of tape at the top corners of the puzzle to keep the puzzle from shifting around in the frame when it was hung on the wall. 
 
I put a nail in the wall above the dresser. I just used my eyes to judge the placement. 
 
I hung the frame with the puzzle on the wall and my kiddo loved it. 
 
We also used this puzzle. We put it together and glued it the same way. You can't have too much Lego art on the walls, right? Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.



 

 

 

 
 
 

 

 









No comments: