Thursday, August 15, 2024

Simplify & Create

 Hello Readers. I love striped shirts. This t-shirt was a hand-me-down and it fit great but that tie in front was throwing me off. It seemed too big when I tied it and too long if I let it hang down. Something didn't seem right. The tie is so big, it really calls attention to my waist/stomach. 

Before and after.

I couldn't tuck this shirt in because of these extra large tie pieces. I like to tuck my shirts in. Sometimes you have to cut things off in sewing.(And in life.) These tie pieces were no good for me.

From the inside the shirt looked like this. There was an opening at the hem where the ties were. I could have just cut the ties off but then this opening would be like a weird window for my belly button. My belly button is not for public viewing. After 3 large babies my belly button has retired and will never be seen again. 

I decided to remove the tie pieces and sew the shirt together. I just wanted a basic t-shirt shape. 

I used my serger to connect the front opening and close it up. 

What about these 2 pieces? They can't go to waste. 

I sewed them together. It is just the right size to wrap around my head.

I had a new headband to go with my new t-shirt! Thanks or reading along now go make something fun for yourself.









No comments: