Tuesday, August 20, 2024

Making Shoulder Straps

 Hello Readers. The bright colors of this plaid top were so cheerful, they really caught my eye. I found them at a church sale and couldn't try them on. I thought I could figure out the fit later. I was there on the last day so everything was about 10 cents per piece. I couldn't pass up that kind of sale.

Before and after.

I loved these colors but when I wore all 3 pieces together, I felt like a magenta crayon. I decided to break up the outfit. This post will be about the plaid top and pants. I will be back tomorrow with the jacket. 

The top had very narrow spaghetti straps. They were too narrow for a regular everyday bra. That wasn't ideal for me. I thought I could make straps from the big ruffle that was around the top. I cut the ruffle about 2 inches shorter. I wanted to leave a very small ruffle on the shirt. 
 
I could use the extra fabric to make shoulder straps. 
 
The smaller ruffle looked good but I needed to finish the edge. It needed to be turned under and sewed down. 
 
Here is a look at the shirt inside out. I pinned the fabric I had from the ruffle to the shoulder straps to see how it would look. I sewed the pieces of ruffle to the shoulder straps.
 
I cut the pants into shorts. I thought the color was great for summer and I could use some easy denim shorts. I gave them a new hem and I was done.
 
It stays hot where I live until the end of September at least so this outfit is perfect for this time of year. Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.
 
 

 

 

 

 







No comments: