Wednesday, August 14, 2024

Crop a T-Shirt

 Hello Readers. I wanted to pair this sporty t-shirt with this ruffled skirt. I liked the contrast. The skirt was a little dressy and the shirt was more sporty. The shirt was a bit big and long though.

Before and after.

This shirt was a men's M. It wasn't doing much for me. It would be better if it was shorter so the skirt wasn't covered up. I wanted to crop it, that is cut it shorter. I don't mean a 1/2 shirt that showed my stomach and my mom tummy. I just wanted a shorter length shirt. Not all cropped shirts need to be revealing if that's not your style. It's your shirt. You pick the length.

I used a mirror to make sure I was cutting the shirt at the length I wanted. I was wearing the skirt so I could be sure how they would work together.I marked the shirt with chalk so that I could cut it the right length.

I put the shirt on my cutting table and made sure the shirt was spread out and smooth. Any wrinkles would mess up my cut.

I used my rotary cutter but scissors would work fine too. I cut straight across the shirt.

I pulled the newly cut hem to make the edge roll up a little. It looks more finished that way.  You can cut the sleeves shorter if you want and you can cut the neckband off too. It's your shirt, you can decide.

I liked my new sporty shirt. The skirt is so fun and I didn't want it hidden. Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.
 






No comments: