Wednesday, August 28, 2024

The Purple Lounge Set

 Hello Readers. I always love a comfy casual outfit. I found this purple matched set at a church sale. Both pieces cost me about 25 cents. I couldn't try anything on but at that price I couldn't pass them up. 

Before and after. 

I brought them home (Washed them! Always wash your second hand finds immediately.)  and I liked the loose fit but the pants were not going to work at this length. I thought I looked like a purple Popsicle and decided shorts would be better. And I realized I needed to replace the buttons. 
 
I removed the buttons with my seam ripper.
 
The wooden buttons were rough around the outer edge. They were so rough that I could not get the buttons through the button holes and couldn't get the shirt buttoned. I picked some new buttons from my stash. 

I sewed the new buttons on the shirt. 

I cut the shorts to the length that I wanted. 

I used my serger on the cut edges. 


I turned the edge under and stitched it down with my sewing machine to make a new hem. 

This set was as comfy as pajamas but acceptable in to wear in public. 
 
I went to see "Inside Out 2". It was fabulous but the theater was freezing so I wore a sweater. Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.
 










No comments: