Hello Readers. This was a quick project on a knit shirt that I liked and almost fit. It is a cute top with nice details at the neckline. It is loose through the body, which I liked but the size that fits around me is too big in the armholes. I am not going to show you that they are too low. There is too much visible from the sides, you just have to trust me on that. (We're friends now right? You can trust me.)
It also had this tie attached to it that should have tied in the back but it made me look pregnant. I hate that. My little guy is a year old. I was SO excited to be pregnant. I loved my belly. But now I am not pregnant. Looking pregnant is the last thing I want. I appreciate the idea of a built in belt, but this is not attractive.
First, to correct the armholes. I found the shoulder seam. I was going to use it as a guide to raise up the whole shirt. I don't want to change the size of the shirt just make the armholes less revealing.
I don't know if this picture is helpful. It is the shirt inside out. I sewed along the shoulder seam about 1/2 an inch in. I stopped at the arm sleeve. The sleeves are poofy and ruffly (Are those words?) and it will cover the uneven connection between the new shoulder seam and the cap sleeve.
I also cut off the waist tie as close to the shirt as possible. I didn't throw it away. I have a plan for that tie.
It seems that some of the beads on this waist tie got lost. I connected the two ties and made a long "belt" with a bead on each end.
I like the waist cinched in all the way around rather than just in the back. And the sleeves look good with the new seam in the shoulder. It just makes them look more of a ruffle. If the sleeves were fitted the new shoulder seam wouldn't have worked out well.
Here is a picture of the armhole. I feel weird posting a picture of my under arm but since that was the point of the whole project I thought I needed to show it.
Thanks for reading, now go make something fun for yourself.