Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Blue Suede For Days Part 2

Hello Readers. This project has been in the works for a long time. This top is part of an outfit made of faux suede. I posted about the skirt half of the original outfit here. For a long time I wasn't sure what to do with this top. I love the color but how much baggy shapeless blue suede does one person need?


The top was too big and it had no stretch or give at all. I couldn't just take it in, I wouldn't be able to get it on and off. That is what kept me from doing anything with it for so long. I just wasn't sure what to do with this top. I cut it straight up the back.


I turned the raw edges under and stitched them down. This took the shirt down in size just a pinch. I also added a button and a buttonhole at the top. That would connect the two sides. I liked the idea of an open back shirt but I don't like to show that much skin. How could I make it open but not show anything?


My solution? Hidden snaps down the back.


You can see the back is open at the bottom but not up the back. The shirt fits better at the top, especially the armholes and is loose at the bottom so it skims the hip area and doesn't ride up. It's a loose fit in front but not huge and shapeless.


Thanks for reading, now go make something fun for yourself.




4 comments:

Unknown said...

Chickie, I just have to say,I've read your blog all the way back to the beginning . I love your style, keep up the great work!!

I Can Work With That said...

Oh thanks Rebecca!That is nice to hear.

jenny_o said...

Great job! It's really cute.

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks so much Jenny_o.