Thursday, November 9, 2023

Breaking up a Fall Suit

 Hello Readers. This suit was perfect for fall and I loved the tulip hem of the skirt. It needed some work to make it work.

Before and after.

This suit was really dressed-up and formal. I don't need to get really dressed up in my life so this suit is too much for me. But if I took away the jacket and wore the skirt by itself it would be more casual. The elastic at the waist was not doing its job anymore so I would fix that too. 

I really didn't want to remove the pretty hem so I cut off the waistband and some extra so that the skirt would be shorter.

I added a new elastic waistband.

Then I turned the elastic into the skirt. I stitched it down again. 

I used a zigzag stitch around that elastic waistband. 

The waistband is covered with the skirt fabric. 

This outfit felt a little more relaxed than the whole suit together. Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself. 

***Year End Update- I prefer to be more casual but if I need to dress up I am ready.










No comments: