Thursday, November 30, 2023

Resizing Clothes

 Hello Readers. Sometimes small changes can make a huge difference. Today's post is about a shirt and a skirt. They were saggy and baggy and no fun at all. With a little cutting and a little sewing I got a whole new look. 

Before and after.

This shirt was big and loose and the V-neck was really open and low. The skirt wasn't terrible but it was too long and I looked like I just left a fundamentalist compound of some kind. That's not the look I wanted. 

The tag says medium but this is the biggest medium I have ever seen. I cut the sides off the center of the shirt. I removed a few inches from each side. I saved those pieces and I will come back for them later. 

Next, I cut the shoulder seams open. There was already a seam there, I just cut along it on each shoulder. 

I cut 2 inches of the shoulders of the front piece. This makes the V-neck smaller. I left the back piece of the shirt alone. The shoulder seams are still the same size so I was bale to sew them back together easily.

I went back to the cut off side pieces to get my sleeves back. I cut the sleeves off the side pieces. 

I reattached the sleeves to my new shirt. I made sure the new armholes were the right size for my new sleeves.

My new shirt is almost the same as it was but it is smaller and the V-veck isn't so low. 

The skirt just needed a new length and...
 
  A new hem. 
 
This new outfit is more fun and fits 100 times better. Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.
 
 ***Year End Update- These are simple basics that I usually forget to make for myself They will be useful and go with a bunch of other clothes.

 
 
 











No comments: