Thursday, November 16, 2023

A Sweatshirt & Flannel Combo

 Hello Readers. I like to match my kids sometimes when they are young. they love it. It isn't that easy when it is a mother and son. I try to put something matching like that together when I can. This would be great to do if you want your kids coordinated for photos or holidays.

This soft sweatshirt and this cozy flannel shirt had the same colors and the same length so I thought they would work well together.

I cut the shirt into thirds. I kept the middle twice as big as the side pieces I cut.

I also cut the sweatshirt into 3 pieces and again the middle was about twice as big.
 
 I wanted to put the shirt together like this. The middle and the sleeves are different fabrics from the 2 different shirts.
 
I clipped the pieces together so they would stay in place while I sewed. 
 
I used my serger to connect the shirt pieces. You could use a zigzag stitch on a sewing machine as well.
 
Here are both the shirts after sewing them both together. 
 
This refashion was a hit. I know he is going to outgrow this soon but for now he thinks we look great. 
 Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.
 
 ***Year End Update- I put these in a safe place so my son and I could wear them and put something in front of them and couldn't find them for about a month. I have them now and we will wear them asap.
 

 







No comments: