Wednesday, September 18, 2024

Make a Clipboard Wall Display

 Hello Readers. Our modern world seems so digital and screen based but there are still papers all over my house. There are drawings, mail, junk mail, bills and random school papers. I wanted to give my kiddo a place to store, enjoy and show off his own drawings and papers. I made it using clipboards.

This is a kid friendly, adjustable storage and display area that doesn't need thumbtacks that will wind up stepped on on the floor. (*Ouch!)

I have been wanting to do something like this for a while. I had a few clipboards and planned to buy more clipboards eventually. I wanted a whole collection for this project. 

I found 6 more at a thrift store recently. They were 25 cents each (!!) so I bought them all. My youngest helped carry them at the store without even knowing what they were for. He said they were difficult to hold.

I wanted to create a layout before I started putting nails in the wall. I had 9 clipboards so I set them in this checkerboard pattern. One clipboard is really looking rough but its OK because I will hang something on it, the damage won't even show. You could do a totally different layout depending on the wall space you have and the number and color of clipboards you have.

I had a section of wall to hang up these clipboards for my display. I measured to make sure I put everything an equal distance from the others. I made a small mark with a pencil in the spots that I wanted put in the nails. 

I used one nail for each clipboard. The clipboards won't be holding anything but paper so they will not be heavy, a small nail will hold them up on the wall fine.
 
 There was a hole in the back of the metal clip that was perfect for hanging on a nail.

*Watch your fingers while using the hammer. 

Once the nails were in the wall, it was easy to hang each clipboard. 
 
When they were all on the wall it was very clean and organized looking. But it will soon be covered with papers and such.
 
We were able to hang up many pictures and special items. Each clipboard can hold many papers at once, the storage for our many drawings and pictures is going to be amazing. Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.
 
 












No comments: