Tuesday, September 24, 2024

Jeans From Scraps

 Hello Readers. You know I like to cut up, remake, and refashion clothing. That leaves me with a lot of scraps and leftover pieces. What do I do with them? I try to put them together in a new way.

Before and after. 

I had the front of these jeans leftover from a past project. 

I found this pair of jeans at a thrift store for less than a dollar. They were so torn up that the store priced them low. I cut the waistband off for a project that I never actually did. So with these pieces could I make a complete pair of jeans. 

I decided to cut the front of the light blue jeans off. The holes in these jeans were so big that they wouldn't be warm enough in winter. I am trying to prepare for the coming colder weather. Sort of like a bear preparing for hibernation. 

I put the right sides of the jeans together and sewed the inner leg seams first. I matched up the center crotch seam to make sure they were lined up. Then I sewed the jeans together. 

I sewed the back of the waistband on the back piece of jeans. 

I sewed the front waistband in between the front and back pieces of jeans. I sewed the sides together. I started at the waist and ended down at the ankles. I wasn't sure if the pant legs were exactly the same length so I started at the waistband and figured I could hem the pant leg lengths later.

I stitched the light blue waistband to the front of the dark jean piece. I didn't need to do this to wear the jeans but I wanted to add the waistband for fun. 

I have worn them a couple times and I like the two tones of blue together. They are comfortable because they have some stretch to them and because I made sure they were a little roomy in case I eat a big pasta dinner. I think looser styles of jeans are supposed to be in style and I am all for it. I want to be as comfy as possible. Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.









No comments: