Wednesday, September 9, 2020

The Crayon Dress

 Hello Readers. How are things going with you? I am still trying to hype up my homeschool Kindergartener. This simple navy blue dress was the perfect canvas for some school themed trimmings.


 This dress fit well but the arm holes were too low. It made half my bra hang out. There was a lot of side meat showing. I needed to raise the dress up a couple inches.


The low armholes were easy to fix. I just made the straps shorter. I do this often with tank tops and camis because they can be too low cut on me. I must have short shoulders or something. 
I added the ribbon at the shoulders and the crayon buttons just to make the dress more fun and add a little color.

I added some ribbon at the hem just for fun. It had little crayons of all different colors. The added color brightened up the dress. My 5 year old noticed the crayons and thought this was really cool.

 This dress is like a Tshirt and will be comfy to hang out in. It will be perfect for hot days. Fall is on it's way but right now it is still really hot where I live.

Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.


 

2 comments:

KD said...

Your dress and shoe refashions for home-schooling are enthusiastic and eye-catching! I am remembering how much I loved school, all my years. Although your little guy, and so many other little guys and girls, are not now in a classroom with other children, they can still have the fun of learning in a happy safe environment.

I Can Work With That said...

Hi KD, I hope to make it fun. I think kids learn more when they are enjoying their learning. I don't want it to be torture for either of us.
Happy sewing to you,
Chickie