Wednesday, September 4, 2024

Curtain to Top

 Hello Readers. I wanted to use this curtain to make a fun striped top. I loved the colorful stripes and wanted to make a top with straight lines and shapes. I saw something similar on Pinterest and I wanted to make something with a similar shape.

Before and after.

This striped fabric was cute. Too cute for the window. Let's make a top from it. 

I cut the fabric to the length I wanted, 
 
I cut the center panel for my new top.
 
The center of the shirt fit my dress form well. I needed sides. I was going to use the extra fabric to cut the sides.
 
I cut 2 smaller pieces for the sides. 
 
I wanted to put the small piece in the sides to connect the front and back.
 
This was easy to sew together, all the seams were straight lines.
 
I sewed a tag into the back of the top.
 
These stripes were so fun and they complemented the straight lines of the top.
 
This was a fun top to put together. Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.
 

 

 

 

 
 
 

 

 





No comments: