Wednesday, September 25, 2024

Loungewear From A Dress

 Hello Readers. I found this dress at a clothes swap and it was new with tags. I liked the stripes but I wasn't sure what I wanted to make with this dress. A skirt and top? Lounge pants? I decided to cut out a top and see how much fabric was leftover. 

Before and after.

What could I make from this? It took me a little while to figure it out. 

I had some navy blue elastic that could match if I needed it. 

I wanted a sleeveless top from the dress. I used this red shirt as a guide. That was cut out in no time. 

I used my serger to sew the shirt together.

I cut out some loose shorts because it was clear that I did not have enough fabric to make pants and a skirt just wasn't feeling right. 
 
I sewed the shorts with the right sides facing each other. I was going to need that elastic.

I added an elastic waistband to the shorts. 

Did I make pajamas? Lounge wear? I am not even sure but I wore this outside to walk the dog. 

I liked my new outfit but Gordon the Dog didn't seem to have an opinion either way. Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.











No comments: