Friday, September 4, 2020

Paper Shoes & Double Waistbands

Hello Readers. I have back to school excitement to spare. I used that energy to make some fun shoes for school. I wanted them to look like notebook paper. These were easy to make, you can do it too.

 These tan shoes were fine. They were boring imitation leather, but fine. Do we have to settle for boring? Can we make things a little more fun here? I think we can.

 I started by filling these shoes with things to hold them open while I paint them. I used a variety of random plastic items. These shoes has elastic on the sides. You might not need to do this with your shoes.

I used basic acrylic paint to paint the shoes white. I let this dry.


 When I made these lines I used a permanent marker to mark where I wanted the lines. I painted over the marks with acrylic paint to make the lines more visible.

 These shoes are a perfect match for the shirt I made last September.


 What should I wear with this shirt and shoes? Let's refashion some jeans to go with them.These jeans were low-waist/ed. My mom tummy doesn't do well with low rise jeans. The pudge just comes out over the top shows it. How could I raise the waistband?


 I could add a second waistband above the original. That would raise the waist up a little. I cut the waistband off another pair of jeans. I tried to pick a similar shade of denim so they would match well.


 I pinned them together. Pin. Pin. Pin.


 I sewed them together. Sew. Sew. Sew. Be careful of the rivets. They will break your needle.

I removed the belt loops from the lower waistband. They were distracting, there were too many loops. My belt didn't need double loops. 

 

 My new paper shoes, my old paper shirt and my higher waisted jeans were ready for school.


Thanks for reading along, best wishes to everyone trying to start the school year in these crazy times.

 

 

No comments: