Wednesday, September 11, 2024

The Super Easy Tablecloth Dress

 Hello Readers. This is a super easy project for any beginning sewist. You just need a t-shirt and a tablecloth. I found this tablecloth a thrift store but you might have one at home you can use. And I know you must have a t-shirt at home you can grab for this project.

This tablecloth became a fun casual dress. 

I wanted to make my shirt and my tablecloth coordinate well so I matched the color of the t-shirt to one of the colors in the tablecloth.

The shirt fit well, it wasn't too tight or too loose. I cut the shirt in half. I wanted the shirt and skirt to meet under the bust line.

The tablecloth was a rectangular shape. It was bigger than I needed. If I used the whole table cloth it would have been a floor length dress. I cut my table cloth in half horizontally.

I cut the hemmed edge off the short edges of the table cloth. They were thick and would have been bulky in the dress.

I connected the short side of my tablecloth to make a tube. That will be my skirt.

I sewed the skirt to the cut off shirt.

The dress was a little shapeless (A LOT shapeless!) so I added some narrow elastic to the inside of the dress at the waist seam. It really helped the shape. 

I really liked this casual dress and it is perfect for lounging.Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.


No comments: