Monday, September 11, 2023

Tank Top to Skirt

 Hello Readers. My favorite color must be blue because I always gravitate towards blue in everything. Even in little things like this tank top. I don't remember how I got it but the blue appealed to me. I probably grabbed it at a clothes swap because of the color.

Before and after.

This tank was really well made. The fabric was a nice weight and it had a full lining. The lining gave me an idea. What if it was a skirt? It was already lined like a skirt would be. And I would love a blue skirt.

I cut the straps and the binding along the top edge to get them out of my way.
 
I had this blue elastic in my stash and decided to use that for the waistband. It was very soft and would be comfortable to wear. 
 
I didn't cut anything else off the tank top. I just added the elastic around the top.
 
The elastic worked perfectly. I wore the new skirt backwards. What was the back of the tank top became the front of my skirt. The shape and extra room in the chest was better suited to my bum. It worked perfectly.
 
I love mixing patterns so I went with this Hawaiian shirt. It has a cute vintage vibe. My daughter called this look "Coastal Maximalist".
 
Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.  
 
***Year End Update- This is such a fun outfit to me. Love it all.

 
 

 

 

 





No comments: