Wednesday, September 6, 2023

Refreshing an Old T-shirt

 Hello Readers. I found this Hamilton themed T-shirt recently at the local thrift store and since I loved Hamilton, I decided to bring this shirt home with me. It fit great but it seemed kind of washed out.

 
Before and after.
 
 
When I saw this shirt at the thrift store I knew it was for me. 
 
I decided to use this Rit dye. I mixed it up as directed and cooked it on my stove for a little while. I thought I would get a pale blush pink.

I put the shirt in the dye bath. I stirred and stirred. I realized I was getting a peachy color.
 
When the shirt was done, I rinsed and washed and dried it.
The color was brighter and the shirt looked less washed out.
 
 
I also dyed this little cardigan sweater at the same time. It was white but it became the same color as the t-shirt. 
Then I realized it was the same color as the dress I refashioned yesterday. I made a little peach colored capsule wardrobe without meaning to. Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.

***Year End Update- This top just seemed to work with this skirt so well. I wore these together over and over.

 

 





No comments: