Tuesday, September 5, 2023

A Summer Dress to 2 Piece Set

Hello Readers. I know it seems like fall will arrive soon but I know it won't show up where I live for another month. It is always hot in September. Let's refashion a summer dress.

Before and after.
 
I love this gauzey cotton fabric. It is so light and it never needs to be ironed!
 

I cut the dress right under that bust seam. I wanted to make this into a 2 piece set. I had elastic to match the skirt so I could add a waistband that would match perfectly.

I used a zigzag stitch to connect the elastic waistband to the outside of the skirt. This was a quick and easy way to make a separate skirt. I didn't mind having a visible waistband because it matched so well.

When I flipped the elastic up, it looks nicely finished and hides the stitches.

I shortened the skirt quite a bit because it was so long on me. I am short so I usually shorten almost everything.

I hemmed the bottom of the shirt and took a little fabric out of the sides. This made the shirt a little more fitted and made the armholes a little smaller. That gave me the fit I wanted.

Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.

***Year End Update- I loved this color and I wear the skirt with other things a lot.






No comments: