Thursday, September 7, 2023

Lemon Dress

 A while back I made a dress using the Simplicity 1356 pattern. It was supposed to be reversible but I didn't use the lining I made. So... I have had the lining sitting in my sewing room. I decided to use the lining and make a second dress with the same pattern. I really liked this wrap style dress so I was happy to make a second dress. And that lining was already cut out, I had to use it.

Same pattern, second dress.

Here is my lining. It looks white here but it was a light blush color. It was perfect for lining the fabric I wanted to use.

I found this lemon sheet when I was out thrifting. I love these lemons. And it was only $1.99!

I cut all the elastic from the edges so I could flatten out the fabric.

I cut out the pieces from the lemon fabric. This was going to be a super fast project because the lining was already finished.

I stitched the 2 front pieces together and the 2 back pieces together. Then I connected the shoulders. I had trouble with the shoulders, the straps seemed too short. I don't know what I did wrong but I worked it out. I made the head hole larger and it was fine.

I made matching waist ties to tie the dress closed in front. 

I liked how it turned out. but it was a little boxy.

I added elastic to the back of the dress at the waist. It really helped to improve the shape.

I love this kind of wrap dress because it is always adjustable and it always fits comfortably. I like the lemons so much. Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.

***Year End Update- I said I would never make this dress again because it was difficult to get the lining smoothly attached. But I didn't want to waste the lining I made previously. It was easier to make this time but this is my last time using this pattern. I love these lemons and it worked out well enough this time.










No comments: