Tuesday, September 19, 2023

Keep Kids From Falling Out Of The Bed With Pool Noodles

 Hello Readers. I know kids eventually grow out of falling out of the bed. I am waiting for that to happen with my youngest. He will just move around in his sleep and slowly go over the edge of the bed and fall over the side. It is very disruptive to his sleep. And honestly it is really disruptive to my sleep too. I have a solution. It's easy. You need 3 pool noodles and some strong tape.

It's time for bed. Let's find a way to stay in the bed.

I got my pool noodles from the local Dollar Tree. They had plenty out in the front of the store. 

I got 3 white noodles and some strong white tape. (One noodle is not enough. It will slide out of place. I have tried it.) I thought white would blend in with the mattress and mattress cover but the color doesn't really matter.

I cut a piece of tape that was long enough to go around all 3 noodles. I wanted the noodles to stay together and be strong so I wrapped the tape around and overlapped it a little. I didn't want this to come apart in the middle of one night.

I wrapped the tape around tight and made sure it was stuck to the noodles really well.

I taped the noodles at both ends and in the middle. 

When my noodles were all taped up I slid the whole thing under the mattress cover. The noodles will sit on the mattress and under the mattress cover. I pushed it up towards the top of the mattress where the pillows would go.

The 3 noodles will make quite a lump. That is what we want.

I put the sheets and blankets on the bed as usual. You can still see the big noodle lump. 

Here is a look at the bed with all the sheets, blankets, pillows and stuffed friends. The mattress cover and the sheet are very snug on the noodles. They stayed in place well for my child in real life sleeping.

Thanks for reading along. Sweet dreams to all of you. 

***Year End Update- It has been a few more months and my child id still staying in bed and not falling out. I am SO glad I made this!








No comments: