Wednesday, August 30, 2023

Bad Seersucker?

 Hello Readers. I love seersucker fabric. It's so cool in the summertime. Is it possible for seersucker fabric to be bad? I didn't think it was but I found it...this is it.

 
Before and after.
 
I was perplexed by these pants. I love seersucker but these were awful. The elastic was completely useless. It had to go. Then they would actually fit.
 
 I cut the entire elastic band off the pants. It was stitched in with 4 rows of stitching. I didn't want to sit and unpick all that. They were very high waisted so I could cut that off and still have enough fabric at the waist to make a new waistband. 

I used my serger on the cut edge and then stitched it down to make a casing for some new elastic. 

I cut the shirt to make a tank top. I folded the shirt in half. I made a cut that followed the V-neck. Then I made a second cut that removed the whole sleeve. It's too hot for sleeves.

I tied the straps in a knot on each shoulder. This is a fun refashion because it doesn't require sewing (T-shirts don't fray!) and it is adjustable. You can get the perfect fit by adjusting the knots.
 
 I liked how this all came together. Stay cool in this end of summer heat everyone. And thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.

***Year End Update- I feel like I improved the fit of these pieces but the color isn't as cheerful as I would like. I am not drawn to it and haven't worn it.








No comments: