Tuesday, August 1, 2023

A Hawaiian Shirt Refashion

 Hello Readers. I have never been to Hawaii but I had this cool shirt. It was a boxy men's shirt so I decided to remake it into something that fit me better. 

Before and after.

This shirt was vibrant and colorful and fabulous. It just did not fit me that well. The short sleeves were a little long on me. That's OK, I can fix that.

I used the Very Easy, Very Vogue 8062 pattern to cut out a new shirt. I used the tank top pattern but I didn't keep it a tank top. 

I used the old sleeves and cut this crescent shape. It will make a small cap sleeve that will fit me better than the old sleeves did. 

I used my multicolored thread in my serger for this shirt. It had so many colors that I couldn't really decide what color to use. Choosing this thread was easy threading the serger was not. It just was not cooperative on this day.

I pinned the new sleeve in place to get an idea what it would look like. 
 
These sleeve are easy to sew in because they don't meet under the arm. That makes to job a lot easier.
 
I didn't have enough fabric to make the neck facing so I went with some simple bias tape to finish the neck line.

I thought this bold colorful shirt needed a bold colored match so I wore it with my red skirt. These bright colors are so fun and I love the cheerful vibe they have. Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.

***Year End Update- I loved this colorful look. This will be worn a lot next summer too





No comments: