Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Lovely Linen

 Hello Readers. The older I get the more I hate polyester fabrics. They just don't breathe. I feel like I am wearing a plastic bag. I love wearing linen because it is so comfortable.  Call me a princess, I need to breathe. 

Before and after.

I found these pants abut a week ago at my local Goodwill. I brought them home and threw them in the washer. I like to wash all my thrift finds right away.
 
I knew I was going to have to do some sewing to make them fit but I didn't care because I saw the tag that said "100% linen". They would be so nice for work.
 
These pants didn't have any stretch and are meant to be loose and baggy. I decided to take them in about an inch on each side. 
 
When I sewed a new side seam it was 1inch from the edge. I sewed through the front and back layers of the pant leg. That means I actually took them in about 2 inches. 
 
I used the same method to take in this shirt.
 
I liked these together so I put them on and went to work. Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.
 
 ***Year End Update- This outfit was great for work in summer. I quit that job but I will be wearing this again this summer

 

 

 

 




No comments: