Wednesday, August 9, 2023

Wrap Pants

 Hello Readers. I love clothes that are adjustable. Why isn't it easier to adjust the size a bit when you gain or lose some weight. Imagine if all your clothes were a little more forgiving. (Imagine if people were a little more forgiving!) Anyway, let's talk about wrap pants. 

Before and after. And after.

I used this vintage pattern by Butterick. It is number 6720. I made some wrap shorts last summer that I love so I wanted to make some wrap pants. 

I cut out my pattern pieces. This is a really simple, easy to use pattern. It is basically 2 giant pieces. I had to rearrange mine a little to get my stripes vertical. 
 
Umm... I didn't like them. I think I chose wild stripes that got too wild when they became pants maybe. 
 
You can see what I meant about wild stripes. I decided to cut them into shorts. When I find a pattern is too much I usually try to just use less of it.
 
I had to make a new hem but the rest of the shorts stayed the same. 
 
These shorts are still colorful and wild but I liked them a lot more than the longer pants version. Thanks for reading along, now go make something for yourself.
 
 ***Year End Update- This taught me to make more careful fabric choices.

 

 

 

 



No comments: