Thursday, August 17, 2023

Bigger Cuffs= Shorter Pants

 Hello Readers. I wanted to shorten a pair of pants. I am only 5' so I need to shorten all my clothes. These green linen pants had cuffs at the hemline and I thought I could make the cuffs a little bigger, that would make the pants shorter. Let me show you how I did it.

 
Before and after.
 
 
These pants almost fit but if they were a bit shorter they would look better. 
 
 
I unpicked the stitches at the sides of the cuffs that held the cuffs in place. It was easy to remove these little stitches and then I could move the cuffs. 
 
 
These are the loose cuffs now. 
 
 
I refolded the cuffs so that they were bigger. I ironed the new cuffs. (Yes, that is a hair straightener/flat iron. It heats the fabric from both sides and it's very quick and effective.)

I used my sewing machine to stitch my new BIG cuffs in place on the sides. 

This was a quick sewing project and it could be done by hand if you don't have a sewing machine. It made the pant legs about a bit more than an inch shorter. Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.

***Year End Update- I love linen and these pants just seemed to always be perfect to me. They are put away until it gets warm again.



No comments: