Sunday, August 27, 2023

Raise The Waist

 Hello Readers. I refashioned this outfit and I really liked how the new higher waist band turned out. Let me show you. 

Before and after.
The legs of the shorts were long enough that I could cut off the whole hemline. I cut it off both legs. 
 
I connected the 2 pieces into one long strip of fabric.

I clipped it to my waistband. 

I tied the ends of the strip of fabric in front of the shorts like a belt.

I cut the ruffle off the shirt. It just felt too puffy.

I used some "Fray Check" to keep that neckline nice and neat where I cut the ruffle off. 

I liked how everything went together. I really liked these 2 patterns together. Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.

***Year End Update- Simplifying this top and raising the waist made this outfit look so much better. This was great in the extreme heat of August.



No comments: