Wednesday, October 5, 2022

Altering Clothes while Wearing Them

 Hello Readers. Have you seen the videos of people cutting and altering their clothes while they are wearing them? I always thought it was a crazy idea so I decided to try it. I love crazy ideas. I wanted to see if it would work for me. 

Is this a good idea?

 
I was able to cut it and I tied it in the front. It doesn't look terrible at first glance but is this a good idea?
 
I really tried to cut it straight but you can see how ragged and uneven it is. 
 
I used my serger to make this more even and smooth. 
 
I ironed the edge and tuned it under twice. The stitching gave me something to hold onto but I really didn't want the stitching to show.
 
I stitched the edge with a straight stitch to make it nice and neat.
 
It is done! The edges are actually sewn and even. It looks nice. Can you alter clothes while wearing them? I would say, not well. 
Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.
 *Year End Note From Chickie- I love this blush pink shirt. I won't try to cut clothes while I am wearing them ever again.

 

 

 

 




2 comments:

KD said...

I am afraid I would accidentally perform an appendectomy on myself! Good job!

I Can Work With That said...

I was really afraid of that!!
hahaha
Chickie