Friday, October 21, 2022

A Piece of Pumpkin Pie Outfit

 Hello Readers. It is October and that means pumpkins are everywhere. And if you decide to drink a pumpkin spice latte someone is going to harass you for being basic. But I don't care, I am not a complicated person. Some of the basic stuff tastes really good to me. So when I saw all these orange clothes I decided to go wild and put them all together. Is it too much orange? I will let you judge for yourself.

Before and after.

I love corduroy and I loved the color of these corduroy pants and they almost fit. I just needed to take them in at the waist and take a few inches off the legs. I am short so this is nothing new for me. 

I tried the pants on inside out and marked them where the new side seam needed to be. 

I made new side seams with my sewing machine.

I always try things on before I cut the excess fabric off just in case I made a mistake in the sizing. 

I have had this pumpkin orange trim in my sewing stash for a long time. It is woven and strong. I think my mother-in-law was going to make purse straps out of it. Is it strong enough to be a belt? Let's see. 

I used my serger because it frayed like crazy when I cut it. I was going to attach one end around the belt buckles. This is a really simple kind of belt to make.

Was it harder than I thought? Yes. The metal belt buckle pieces got caught on my sewing machine and it messed me up. Did I forget to change the thread color on my sewing machine? Yes. But I just went with it. 

It worked out well. The belt fit and the thread blended in. 

My daughter didn't want this sweater anymore so I decided to take it. But it was a little long, more like a dress. I decided to cut out the middle so it would look like a classic pull over. A pumpkin pullover if you will.

I needed to make the sweater shorter. 

Check out these stitches!

When I was done sewing I cut the extra fabric from the sweater.

My sweater was ready to iron and wear.

My pumpkin outfit is complete. Bring on the pumpkin spice lattes, the pumpkin bread, the pumpkin pie with tons of whipped cream... I want it all. Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.
*Year End Note From Chickie- I wore those pants a lot! They are such a fun color. They got more wear than the sweater. The sweater didn't have as much stretch and wasn't as comfortable as I thought it would be. I need to remember that I love stretch.


 













No comments: