Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Ruffle Shirt to Skirt

 Hello Readers. Look at these sweet ruffles. They are so fun. But I wasn't sure if I liked the look of this top on me.

Before and after.

Look at this collection of ruffles. It was so pretty and it's 100% silk. Come on! What more could I want?? Well, I want to wear a bra and these straps are not going to allow me to wear the regular bra I want to wear. And the ruffles are going to add bulk to my upper body. That is the last thing I need.

I thought I could cut the straps off and make this into the most fun skirt ever!

Here is my plan to make a skirt.

I used my serger on the cut edge along the top. The silk fabric would fray for sure.

I made a waistband for this new skirt. The best part is that the elastic waistband will be comfortable and will still fit after some cookies.

I made the casing, fed the elastic through it and then connected the elastic ends with the sewing machine.

Now I had to close the little hole and hide that elastic.

My new skirt is so fun to wear. It makes me want to twirl in circles! Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.
*Year End Note From Chickie- This skirt is a top favorite from the year for sure. Silk ruffles?? Yes!!










No comments: