Friday, October 28, 2022

Dress Up a Free T-shirt


 Hello Readers. I got a freebie t-shirt recently and wanted to dress it up. Free t-shirt just seem to happen, you can't get away from them. Let's have some fun with this one.

 
Before and after.
 
This was a simple t-shirt. It was kind of boxy and shapeless like they all are and it had a logo on the back too. That's OK, I have a plan for this.

Life Happens! That is for sure. The first step in this project was to mix up some acrylic paint. I wanted to try and match this late color.

I mixed up a color close to the right shade and I started painting over the white and green writing. 
 
Here is a look at the shirt when I was done painting over the lettering. I let it dry over night when I was done painting. The acrylic paint will last forever, it never washes out. It's not perfect but it will work great.
 
When the shirt was dry I used iron on tape to hold the lace on the shirt. You could use pins but I was afraid it would shift around. I cut the lace off a cropped shirt I found at a clothes swap. The shirt was old and tired looking but the lace was still very pretty, so I saved the good part.
 
After ironing I was ready to sew the lace down across the top and the sides.
 
Actual stitching!
 
I used a zigzag stitch on the sides to really secure the edges.
 
I cut the neck binding off and I also cut the sleeves at an angle so they would have a fluttery look. 
 
I cut the logo off the back when I cut the neckband off.
 
 The shirt is casual and fun and more feminine with the lace. It's easy to wear and no ironing needed ever! I love T-shirts. Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.*Year End Note From Chickie- I love this shirt for work. I can't really ruin because it's brown.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



3 comments:

KD said...

I love the look of your up-cycled T! I find a lot of logo shirts available at low or no cost, and I need to find ways to hide or remove the logos, depending on where the logo is, how big it is, and what color(s). Once I was able to remove an embroidered logo, by cutting and pulling the stitches, but that took a lot of time. Usually I have to cut it out. I like your ideas of how to cover up a logo. The pinkish lace looks nice on top of the beige T. I haven't tried acrylic paint yet, but I will. Thanks for the ideas!

Cynthia said...

What a great idea! Love it!

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks for the comments. I hope you can make a "new" tshirt from a freebie shirt soon.
Chickie