Friday, October 7, 2022

Making a Large Clutch

 Hello Readers. I am loving all the fall colors that come around this time of year. I wanted to focus on those colors this month. (I also want to drink hot tea and eat baked goods but that is another story for another day.) I also wanted to use some of the fabric in my fabric stash. My mother-in-law gave me so much fabric and notions, I really want to use them if I can. 

 
Before and after.
 
 
This piece of linen was thick and heavy weight. I loved it. It was so pretty. I wanted to make something from it. After so much back and forth I settled on a bag.
 
 
I washed the linen and dried it. (I originally wanted to make it a skirt but it shrunk in the wash so I couldn't get a skirt from this piece.) I cut the fraying threads off the sides and made the edges even. 

 I cut out my bag and used my serger on the edges to stop all the fraying.


The simple shape means anyone can sew this style bag. I made sure the top edge would look nice and neat.

I found some handles in the stash from my mother-in-law. They looked fun so I made them work for this project.

Actual sewing.

Here is my new bag. I like the BIG clutch. Thanks for reading and watching along, now go make something fun for yourself. 
*Year End Note From Chickie- I think this is a really pretty clutch. I really like it. It holds a lot and that makes it perfect for me.


 

 

 

 

2 comments:

KD said...

Love the bag! I think it works nicely as a large-ish clutch when folded over, and also full length for big items. Good for travel!

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks KD! It holds ALL my stuff. And I carry a lot of stuff around with me. :)
Chickie