Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Making a Skirt & T More Flattering

 Hello Readers. It seems like fall has really arrived in my part of the world. It is chilly and windy and leaves are flying off the trees. I started this refashion when it was warmer and the cold weather made me restyle this outfit for fall at the end. 

Before and after.
 
This shirt and skirt caught my eye because they were both stretchy knit materials and I am all about comfort. The t-shirt was just so encouraging and positive that I had to bring it home from a local thrift shop. I am always trying to encourage myself to stay positive. Maybe this sweet shirt could help? It can't hurt. 
 
I tried the skirt on and marked it where I wanted the new side seams to be. You can see here that I cut off the extra fabric.
 
I made new side seams and I explain it here. I wanted a more fitted skirt.

This look is not doing anything good for me. 

I cut the sleeves at an angle to remove the name of the school it is from and to make a fluttery little sleeve.

I cut the neckband off and cut the sleeves but I wanted to do more. Tucking the shirt in the skirt wouldn't work well for me but I had a plan.

I cut the hem of the shirt off and stretched the cut edge to make it curl. Then I cut a slit in the middle of the front. This is to make a knot. Not a regular knot and tummy hiding,  tummy camouflaging knot.

The more fitted skirt is more flattering and the shirt is a huge improvement too. Is my mom tummy gone? No. This isn't magic here. The shirt with the knot is just a a better look for me. It is a little cold for this outfit so I added some layers to make it wearable for fall.

This is more appropriate for the current cool weather.

I wanted to highlight a great jewelry company. World Finds is a fair trade, sustainable company the has handmade jewelry and bags. They employ and empower women in India with fair wages and employment. They products are colorful and fun. I think they are irresistible.

You can see more at worldfinds.com And this isn't an ad. They don't know me. I just really love the jewelry and the business model. Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself. 
*Year End Note From Chickie- I loved this whole outfit. Everything worked for me.













No comments: