Friday, August 27, 2021

Linen & Bleached Denim

 Hello Readers. It is super hot and really humid here. I know schools are starting and that means fall is on the way but my weather says summer. When I saw this linen shirt I thought it would be great for the summer heat. Refashioning the shirt inspired a bleached denim refashion as well. 

This button-down shirt was a little boring. Zzzzzz....
 

I didn't really want the collar. I cut that off as soon as I could. I thought a round neck would be good.

I changed out the buttons and added some cream colored lace to the neckline. This seemed like an easy way to refresh this shirt and break up the solid color. 

Here is my final shirt. I liked how the lace and more feminine buttons looked.

I really liked the cream colored accents. When I went to the store I saw some cream colored jeans like this. I really liked them. I thought they would look amazing with my new shirt and I did not have any cream colored denim. But I am not shopping/spending $ in 2021, what could I do?

I decided to make my own. I had these tan jeans in my refashion stash. Could I lighten them? I could try.

 

 I knew what I needed. (This is not an ad. They do not know me.)

I washed and soaked the jeans in bleach and water for 2 hours. This is what I found when I opened the washer. It worked out perfect! Thanks Clorox!

Like every pair of jeans I have ever owned, they needed to be shortened. You can see the thread did not lighten like the denim fabric did. I liked the way it looked. I used the same tan shade to hem them and made the same wide band at the hemline of each leg. I wanted the waist to be fitted and the legs to be loose. I keep seeing looser fit jeans are in style and I want to embrace the new look.

My new outfit was great. I really like how it all came together. 


Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself. 

***Chickie's Year End Review-I love these jeans. The bleach did just what I wanted it to and they are a fun neutral color. The shirt is great too but it seemed more summery than the jeans.







 

2 comments:

KD said...

Nice color combination for late summer! I like yellow, marigold, coral, peach, orange, etc for this still warm time of year, and the light cream color is good when we don't really want to wear white anymore. I like to wear the colors that are suited to a season, even though that seems old-fashioned. I can narrow down the color range when I am choosing my outfit for the day.

I Can Work With That said...

I agree. The seasons really make me want to wear certain colors. It is still close to 100 degrees here so I feel like I am in limbo. May fall come quick.
Chickie