Friday, August 6, 2021

5 T-shirt Dresses

 Hello Readers. My sister-in-law was super nice and gave me 5 t-shirt dresses. That's right. 5! She said I could wear them or refashion them. I loved them but they were a little long and a bit tight in the bum. So, I got to work refashioning. 

This was so much fun because I could try so many different ideas. The dresses were all exactly the same size but the colors were all different. 


I will show you what I did with these dresses. I wanted some pajamas/lounge wear and t-shirts.  I  used leggings that I already had as a pattern. I cut some stretchy shorts out of the blue dress and the gray dress as well. The hem of the dress became the hem of the shorts. I folded the waist down and it was the waistband. No elastic needed.


I was able to make them into shorts in no time. I like these because I can wear them for pajamas and They are tight enough that they do not shift around and get bunched up. And I can wear them under dresses and skirts. (Have you ever worn a wrap dress on a breezy day? Has the wind ever blown that wrap skirt straight up in the air showing God and e'rybody your bum and more? Did it happen at a church? Did you sell your house, leave the church and move out of state? Yes, me too. OK, we were planning to move anyway but I was so happy about it after that.)

Let's take a look at the other 3 dresses. I also cut them into shirts. They just made great t-shirts and I didn't want to give them up. What did I do with the bottom of those dresses? I simply cut them into a shirt length. This idea is easy, there is no sewing involved. I used a shirt I liked to get the right length. T-shirt material does not fray. You do not have to finish or hem the bottom of the shirt if you don't want to. 

I rolled the extra material up and I had an instant infinity scarf. It might be hot today but cooler weather is coming.

I liked this idea so much that I did it with this red and black dress too. 

And one more time! Seriously, I just cut them and I was done. I have worn and machine-washed all of these new shirts and scarves. They never fray.

This one is my favorite. I love the yellow and orange together. The colors are going to be fun in fall too.

Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself. 

***Chickie's Year End Review-All of these pieces are living their best life. I like and wear all of these items.


No comments: