Friday, August 20, 2021

Kids Club House

 Hello Readers. I found a playhouse a few years ago. It was on the side of the street in my neighborhood. It didn't seem broken, just really faded. I knew I could fix faded. So, it came home in my car. (It was sticking out the doors of my Honda Civic but I got it home.)

 
I washed it off and put it together. It was solid but the door was broken. The roof was very faded. And so were the red shutters. The gray and tan walls looked fine so I wasn't worried about them. 

 
I gathered all the acrylic paint I could find and started painting. I used a light blue on the roof because I had enough of it to cover the whole roof with at least 2 coats of paint. 
 
 
The acrylic paint adhered very well to the plastic. I let it dry between coats. 
 
 
I painted those faded red shutters and then it got more fun. The little house had a whole designed interior. It was embossed in the plastic but there was no color to it. I decided to follow the images they put in the plastic and make them stand out more with some paint. You can see there is a little kitchen area and a floor lamp. 
 

On the other wall there was a fire place. I painted the fire and the fireplace to make them more colorful. 

 
There were a couple potted plants that needed some color too. Again, I did not create these, they were already there. I just painted them. 
 

There were even pretend outlets!

 
Since the door was broken I just hung a piece of fabric as a door. 
 

Thanks for reading along. I wanted to extend the life of this little club house because this plastic will sit in the landfill for ages. It was old but it did not need to be trashed, it just needed a little make-up. (I can relate to that on so many levels. Old but not trash. Just add a bit of make-up!) Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself. Or your kids. 

***Chickie's Year End Review-This was so fun. It is still in my backyard.

2 comments:

KD said...

Adorable! So much fun for the kiddos! I like your approach to "old but not trash".

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks KD! This was a fun project.
Chickie