Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Free Long Sleeve Tee

 Hello Readers. How are you doing out there? It is really cold, I am worried about all of you. Are you OK? I am layering up to stay warm where I live. Let's look at one of these layers. 

 

This refashion started with this red shirt that my hubby did not want anymore. It had a hole in the sleeve. (Sourced from husband for free.)

 

This red shirt was a nice heavy weight and would be warm and snuggly. It is too big and unflattering. I also wasn't a huge fan of the buttons and collar. 

 

I cut the body from the red shirt. I made it the size I wanted and took away the rest, for now. We'll come back to it later.

 

I also wanted to use up some t-shirts I had sitting around. I used the shoulders from this gray shirt. (Sourced from stash for free.)

 

And I used the sleeves from this black shirt. (Sourced from the stash, also free.)

 

I put all the pieces together like a puzzle. I used more of the red shirt to get the red arm pieces. I did some pinning and then sewed everything all together.

 

The went together easily and I liked the different colored pieces all put together.

 

As you can see the snow just doesn't want to stop. This shirt is big enough to wear over a shirt for warmth. I will be adding layer on layer to go out until it warms up.

 

Yes, I went out of the house and got some thread. I do all my swaps to source free clothes but thread doesn't come along free. I just buy it when I need it because I can't sew without it. It was nice to see the thread so well stocked. I wanted all the colors.


 Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself. 

***Chickie's Year End Review-I like this shirt and it still gets worn at work often. My aunt told me I looked like a super hero in it. (haha) I like that too.

2 comments:

mommy.in.austin said...

I LOVE the curve to it along the front. Really, really cute. - Dana

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks for the comment mommy.in.austin! I cut the curve on a whim and liked it.
Happy sewing to you!
Chickie