Friday, February 12, 2021

Valentine Plaid

Hello Readers. Valentine's Day is coming. It is a holiday that revolves around love and chocolate. I am here for it because I love chocolate. I also love refashions so here is my latest. I found this lovely heart t-shirt at a clothes swap. It was perfect for Valentine's Day. I also found this red plaid skirt. It wasn't as perfect. 


This skirt almost fit but it was so long on me. (#shortlegs) I was going for a red theme this month so I thought I could do something fun with all that fun red plaid.


The first step was to cut that skirt to a much shorter length. I saved that lower half with fringe for later.


 I made sure my new shorter skirt was even and gave it a new hem. 

Easy as pie! The skirt was done. Now what about the lower half of the skirt. 

I used a zigzag stitch to keep it from fraying and then closed the slit in the back. I tucked the cut edge inside. I wanted to make an infinity scarf with the fun fringe showing. This was also really quick and easy because it was already in a circle shape. 

I could wear all that plaid in one outfit, or I can break it up and wear the plaid pieces separately. 

Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself. 

***Chickie's Year End Review-I loved this whole outfit but I accidentally bleached that heart t-shirt and the skirt got too tight because I ate too many snacks during Covid stay at home orders. And even when I went back to work I kept eating snacks. Goodbye plaid skirt.

No comments: