Wednesday, February 3, 2021

So Much Pink

 Hello Readers. January 2021 has ended and it's been really over-the-top. Did anyone foresee the Average Joe's from Reddit would rock the stock market and terrify wealthy hedge fund managers? I did not see that coming but I love when the little guy wins. I have a refashion to share with you. Is it as over-the-top as the month of January? I don't think that is even possible but you tell me.

 
 This sweatshirt was very simple and basic but it was really PINK! So. Much. Pink. It was so simple, it was perfect for a project.

 I started by cutting the sleeves shorter and taking the shirt in a little on the sides. I wanted to make a bit of a statement sleeve so I did not want the shirt to be too baggy.


 I decided to use this shirt for parts. I have had it for 4-5 years. It was very pink and it has a pretty scalloped lace hem.

 

 I cut the body of the shirt off the shoulders and made sleeves. I was going for a sort of bell sleeve. I can never wear them off-the-rack because my arms are so short. I had to make my own. That is the fun of sewing.


 I also had these very short pink shorts. I took them from a clothes swap a long time ago just for the lace. I FOR SURE can not fit all of my 48 year old backside into these. They were SO short. My underwear is bigger than these! But the lace was nice so here we go.


 I cut one tier of the lace off the shorts. I wanted to really make this sweatshirt fun and fancy. The more fun the better.


 I added the lace to the waistband of the sweatshirt.


 When I was done I had fancy pink sleeves and fancy lace at the waistband.


 This was a fun project and it was casual and easy to wear for everyday life. And it was warm in this winter wonderland I am in the middle of right now. I am doing well with my plan to refashion at no cost this year. All these pink pieces came from clothes swaps. So, if you are counting, that is $0 so far in 2021. Unless you count thread. I am not going to factor that in.

It just doesn't want to stop snowing.


Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself. 

***Chickie's Year End Review-This was a favorite of the year. I love the bright color and the added trims. The sleeves are so fun.

2 comments:

KD said...

Beautiful! Those pinks play together nicely. I think pink flatters everyone's complexion. Good save!

I Can Work With That said...

Hello KD! Thanks for the comment. This bright color was a nice pick-me-up in mid-winter.
Chickie