Friday, January 29, 2021

Black & Tan

 Hello Readers. This post is not about a beer cocktail of dark and light beers called a black and tan. This post is about a dress and a skirt. I found these at a socially distant clothes swap. I liked the colors and I am a big fan of t-shirt dresses. 

This dress was really short. I am only 5' tall and this dress was short on me. That is rare!

 

The colors of the stripes matched this skirt. The skirt was very long on me. I think it was supposed to be mid-calf length. It was like a maxi length on me and it had some serious fringe at the hem. The fringe was very thick and heavy. It seemed like it was maybe too much. 


I decided to make the striped t-shirt dress into a shirt. It was almost a shirt anyway.

I made it more narrow and a bit shorter. I used the excess for masks. I have a small collection of masks at my house so that there is always a clean mask available for all of us. 


The skirt needed to be shorter and I took the waist in a little as well. 


  I liked to the outfit. Tights, boots and a sweater made this more appropriate for the weather.


The t-shirt and masks were also great with jeans.

Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.

***Chickie's Year End Review-I love this whole outfit. I wear that shirt all the time. I love it with the skirt too. This was a winner for me.





 

 

 

 

 

 

4 comments:

KD said...

I love the understated colors, black and tan, together. I also love the stripes and plaid together. The pairing of the colors is classical, but the pairing of the stripes and plaids is edgy (IMHO). The whole is much more than the sum of the parts. I'll keep this eye-catching example in mind when I am trying to plan my outfits. Thanks!

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks KD! I appreciate your comment. I liked the combo and colors too. Interesting but not too wild.
Thanks,
Chickie

Anonymous said...

Super practical and super cute! I would love to know how you made your matching masks out of the remains of that t-shirt dress!

I Can Work With That said...

Hi Anonymous!
I like the stretch of t-shirt masks. I just cut out the shape. I don't hem the edges because they don't fray.Leaving the edges un-hemmed also keeps them soft and flexible. They seem to fit against my face better. I usually wear more than one layer at a time.
I hope that helps.
Chickie