Friday, January 8, 2021

Comfort Clothes

 Hello Readers. How are you? Are you a little panicked at the thought of the United States in a complete melt-down? Yes, me too. I have been eating comfort food and wearing comfort clothes. And avoiding too much news so I don't go crazy. My post today is about comfort clothes. Flannel is soft, fuzzy, comfortable and comforting. I hope so anyway. 

This refashion started months ago when I saw these 2 shirts at the store. I liked the plaid and solid combination. Did I buy one? No. You know by now that I am cheap as heck and I didn't buy anything. But I thought about how I could make something like this for myself. 

I had a gray and white flannel that was handed down to me from a friend (Thanks Miriam!) and a gray and white hoodie that has been around for ages. Guess what? They are getting married!


 I started by cutting the flannel shirt open in the front and removing the button placket. 

I used my dress form to arrange and pin the flannel and the hoodie together.

I used my sewing machine to connect the hoodie zipper and hood to the flannel shirt. I only connected the zipper and the hood. The rest of the hoodie was cut away.

I love that it has a zipper. It is so easy to layer and remove if I get hot. 


I can also show a little of the Baby Yoda shirt my mom gave me for Christmas! (Thanks Mom!)

I can still tuck the shirt in as well. What more could I want? (Maybe social and political stability? That is for another blog post I think.)

Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself. Or go eat some comfort food. Whatever helps you get through these times. I went for chips and brownies. 

Peace.

***Chickie's Year End Review- I loved this plaid shirt. I accidentally bleached it with a load of towels and it got ruined.





No comments: